Please press F5 to refresh and activate any changes recently made to
It will be (almost) instantaneous -- and it's safe. Thanks!
WELCOME TO THE
BITTER ROOT BACK COUNTRY
To fully enjoy the summer, we hold our summer meetings outside - date and time remain the same.
Members often take the opportunity to ride before the potluck/meeting. If an organized ride has
been planned, it will be noted on the calendar with further detail on the Ride Schedule page.
This year's outdoor meeting schedule is as follows:
♦ June 19 - Rock Creek Horse
Camp at Lake Como
♦ July 17 - Larry Creek
♦ August 21 - Sam Billings Campground (new horse camp
Rain or shine! We'll put up the tent for cover if it is needed. Same year-round
schedule: 6:30 potluck, 7:00 meeting
Guests and those interested in the BCH are invited to
Please join us (for the potluck,
BACK COUNTRY HORSEMEN
Each of these purposes stands alone; no one is more
important that another
1. To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s
back country and wilderness areas.
2. To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreational
3. To assist the various government, state and private agencies in
their maintenance and management of said resource.
4. To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise
and sustaining use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate
with our heritage.
5. To foster and encourage the formation of new back country
6. To cooperate with other B.C.H.A. organizations.
Want to see what the Wilderness Act of
1964 is all about? This is a pdf file that
can be viewed or downloaded.